- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- Sannse
EUREKAPEDIA. I AM A GLEE WIKI USER, AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO MEET YOU. CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, ANSWER THIS MESSAGE??
I can't believe I am talking to you. I have a lot of questions to make you, but, I don't wanna be rude. I hope we can be friends.
P.S.: Very nice Wiki. I think I'll edit here.
Hey! This wiki looks cool so I will defenitley start here. Are you ever thinking about hiring another beauro or coming back to the glee wiki? I am an admin, and we need a beauro... care to add one?
I would love to be an admin here! I would also not mind taking over your beaurocrat position on the glee wiki, afterall I do have the most edits there and I'm an admin. If you want to make me a beauro there, go for it, but you don't have to ;). But I would love to be an admin here- Thank you so much you're really cool!
Thanks! I am glad to be a part of here!
I actually already had rollback, but thanks, I guess I have to work my way to become a beauro(even tho im an admin already) :\ lol well thanks!
So what's your favorite webisode?
Ahh cool I love that one too. Do you want me to make the homepage look cool? But there is an important issue- the Glee Wiki needs a beauro. I was told to ask youa bout this...what is your opinion? So please respond back with two thigns- If you want me to make the homepage look cool, and if you want someone to fill your shoes on the Glee Wiki. Thanks!
You might want to clear that with Babyjabba. Do you need an assistant-beauro?
Yeah, she normally doesn't like people changing the homepage without her.
Do you need any help from me? I am currently doing a HUGE project called the GWAs. I will be willing to do anything to help you ^_^ Day Turns Today Turns Today (Cause we all have little more homework to do) 13:04, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, we have already started meetings and already started constructing the view for it. But it would make me really happy if you could attend the show!